Tuesday, May 15, 2007

LibraryThing in action

The Danbury Public Library has added LibraryThing for Libraries to its OPAC as reported on The Thingology Blog.

It's an interesting article that descibes both the positives and negatives og the experience. Tagging is described in some detail. The tag browser does take a long time to load- but, according to the posting, they are aware of the issue and working on it.

One question I have on tags is why they are formatted the way they are (ie. different fonts, weights, sizes, etc)? Where is that controlled? Guess I'll have to look it up.

2 comments:

j-seagal said...

The tags are in a "tag cloud" The size of the tag is determined by the number of times that particular tag has been used.

Personally I find tag clouds to be distracting and annoying.

Jackie
fellow "our 23 things" participant

bonnie said...

Thanks, Jackie-
I agree. I think the purpose is good but the visual representation is just messy.